The domain name extension you select has different legal and commercial advantages. It is good to consider this before you decide on your domain name. If your primary market is within Canada, there are both legal and commercial advantages to owning a .CA domain.
Listed below are some of the advantages of selecting a .CA domain name extension for those individuals, groups, not-for-profit organizations and businesses.
* Having a .CA country-code extension gives your business a national, patriotic identity.
* Policies are set and secured by an independent national registry (CIRA) and governed by Canadian law.
* Having a .CA domain boosts SEO rankings for Canadians who use the Google.ca search engine.
* The .CA extension denotes and promotes your company's geographic location specific to Canada (.COM is international).
* As accessible as .COM, widely adopted in Canada, yet recognized internationally.
* Google.ca algorithm geo-targets Canadian sites defined by .CA, exclusively narrowing the search field yielding a higher ranking.
* .CA domains are generally less expensive, and cheaper to maintain than .COM. Privacy protection is included at no additional cost.
* Builds consumer confidence, especially if your target audience is in Canada.
* The extension .CA means that the business or organization is located in or related to Canada.
* Although you do not have to be a business to own a .CA domain, you must have a Canadian presence to register (CIRA Rules).
* Canadian consumers have become more Internet savvy and prefer to shop from companies that have the .CA domain extension.
* Helps to prevent shopper confusion and obstacles in cross-border shipping, particularly with federally regulated products (ie. cannabis paraphernalia).